In Memory of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, March 15, 1993-September 18, 2020.
Top 10 Quotes:
1. “I would like to be remembered as someone who used whatever talent she had to do her work to the very best of her ability.”
2. “Real change, enduring change, happens one step at a time.”
3. “Women belong in all places where decisions are being made. It shouldn’t be that women are the exception.”
4. “So often in life, things that you regard as an impediment turn out to be great, good fortune.”
5. “People ask me sometimes… ‘When will there be enough women on the court?’ And my answer is: ‘When there are nine.’ People are shocked. But there’d been nine men, and nobody’s ever raised a question about that.”
6. “Reacting in anger or annoyance will not advance one’s ability to persuade.”
7. “My mother told me to be a lady. And for her, that meant be your own person, be independent”
8. “Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you.”
9. “You can’t have it all, all at once.”
10. “I’m a very strong believer in listening and learning from others.”
A passionate performance of a haunting melody for a special occasion, by the one and only Barbra Streisand.